Full-time Funeral Director
Great Opportunity for long term growth with Service Corporation International Direct
The Neptune Society of Minnesota (SCI Direct) is hiring a full-time Funeral Director with at least 1 year of experience.
Primary Schedule M-F 8:30-5 p.m. with a rotating on call schedule, no weekends or holidays, on call phones only, no removals.
Title: Full Time Funeral Director
Our mission is to provide peace of mind through end of life planning with a customer centric workplace that provides families with simple, dignified and affordable cremation services.
General Accountabilities and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be the primary contact with our families and interacts with them to fulfill their death care needs. Funeral Directors are responsible to ensure that our customers’ full range of service needs are met and exceeded. He/She will provide superior customer service in all areas of helping families in addition to establishing strong personal and business relationships with our customers and vendors.
- Meet with families to arrange and conduct cremation services in a professional, organized and caring manner.
- Retain heritage and grow market share through active involvement with community.
- Coordinating and assisting with multiple families in a professional and efficient manner.
- Ensure adherence to all professional, municipal, provincial/state and federal licensing authority, regulations and rules applicable to the provision of funeral services.
- Aftercare includes delivery of cremated remains, documents, documentation, assisting with insurance, health benefits and pension, pre-arrangements for next of kin.
- Office duties include operating fax machine, computer, multiline phone system, debit card machine, typewriter, postage meter and scale and stereo/video system may be required to be operated from time to time.Answering phones, preparing reports as necessary and participating in staff meetings.
Other responsibilities as assigned:
One to two years funeral service experience preferred
Good driving record and must provide a current, valid driver’s license
High level of compassion and integrity while being efficient
Good communication and Problem solving skills
Professional demeanor and a team player
Limited amount of local and/or multiple location traveling required
Some rewarding benefits we provide include:
- Competitive health plans with generous employer paid portion
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid Time Off
Please contact Manager, Laura Anderson at 763-545-8095 or Laura.Anderson@SCI-US.com