Students must complete the following prerequisites in order to eligible for admission:
- Complete (or have in progress) the following prerequisite courses with a grade of C- or better:
- Financial Accounting (3 credit)
- Human Anatomy (3 credit)
- General Biology w/ a Lab (4 credit)
- General Chemistry w/ a Lab (4 credit)
- Freshman Composition (3 credit)
- Statistics (3 credit)
- General Psychology (3 credit)
- Introduction to Sociology (3 credit)
- Interpersonal Communication (3 credit)
- Personal & Community Health**
- Medical Terminology**
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better
- Complete or have in progress a minimum of 60 transferable credits with grades of C- or better.
**These courses are not prerequisite requirements but they are Program of Mortuary Science degree requirements. It is recommended that students complete these courses before starting the Program.
Click here for transfer guides for colleges and universities in the Twin Cities, greater Minnesota and throughout the midwest. If you do not see your college or university listed please contact Molly Diethelm at 612-624-6464 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check if your courses will transfer to the University of Minnesota by visiting https://www.transferology.com/index.htm.
Students completing their prerequisite course at a college or university that is part of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system (http://www.mnscu.edu/collegesearch/index.php/institution/) are advised to complete the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MNTC) before transferring to the Program. To find more out more information about the MNTC visit http://www.mntransfer.org/transfer/mntc/t_mntc.php.
The Minnesota Transfer Curriculum fulfills most of the University of Minnesota's Liberal Education requirements, with the exception of the Writing Intensive requirement. Students who do not complete the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum or are transferring from a college or university outside the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system will have each transfer course evaluated individually to determine completion of the University of Minnesota's Liberal Education requirements. Click here to view information regarding the current Liberal Education requirements.
Students wishing to complete their prerequisite requirements at the University of Minnesota should contact the Office of Admissions.
For the most up-to-date information on degree requirements and program curriculum please visit the University of Minnesota Undergraduate Catalog.